Thirteen Reasons Why

Thirteen years ago today the Hubster and I got ourselves hitched. 4,745 days later (give or take a few days providing for Leap Years) he’s still my favorite and my best, because:

(1) He knows that pestering me relentlessly is the only way to break me out of a bad mood.

(2) He lets me hog the bed, which I do with gusto.

(3) He stubbornly believes in my artistic ability.

(4) He’s the best dad on the planet.

(5) When asked what comes to mind when he hears the name “George W. Bush” the first thing he says is, “Will Ferrell”.

(6) His laugh is contagious.

(7) He’d rather spin vinyl and brew coffee the slow way than pull out an iPod and plug in the Keurig.

(8) He looks at the box and says, “Who’d want to think in that?”

(9) His convictions are long-pondered and firmly defended.

(10) He doesn’t expect his convictions to be my convictions.

(11) He loves me first and best.

(12) He doesn’t flip out when he catches me doing things like teaching the boys how to jump out of a moving van.

(13) He lives out ‘Love God, Love People’ every single day.

Happy Anniversary, T-Man!

Advertisements

37 thoughts on “Thirteen Reasons Why

1. Shannon Esposito says:

Happy Anniversary! It’s so rare these days to see a couple still in love after putting up with…er, I mean, being together for 13 years πŸ™‚ You guys are an inspiration & have a beautiful family!

2. August McLaughlin says:

Love this post, Myndiβ€”and the hubster for being such an awesome, supportive partner. Happiest anniversary! Hope you’re spoiling each other big time. (You both seem skilled at that! :))

3. CC MacKenzie says:

Great post! And I can say, hand on heart, that Hugo and your hubster could be brothers because they are 150% behind us in all that we do that makes us better people!

Congratulations πŸ™‚

4. Carrie Rubin says:

Congrats and Happy Anniversary! I love that after almost 24 years of marriage, my hubby’s laugh is one of my favorite things, too. Must be a good sign for our marriages, right? πŸ™‚

5. Natalie Hartford says:

AWWWW I just love you guys!!! Congratulations you two…such a beautiful thing. Your post made me well up in tears. Your love for each other so apparent. Wonderful. Here’s to another 13 and beyond of bliss and laughter!! MUAH xoxox

6. Karen McFarland says:

A belated “Happy Anniversary” to both you and your hubster Myndi! From you list I read it sounds like he’s a keeper! I hope you enjoyed your special day! πŸ™‚